Well I don’t even know where to begin, this movie just left me speechless (and not in a good way)
For starters, a little information about the movie.
Cast: Himansh Kohli, Rakul Preet, Nicole Faria, Dev Sharma, Shreyas Pardiwalla, Serah Singh and Vikas Verma, Evelyn Sharma, Deepti Naval, Gulshan Grover
Director: Divya Khosla
Story in a nutshell : Five students from a college are selected by the Principal to save their college from an Australian Business Man who wants to demolish their college to create a Casino and a Hotel. They have to win a talent based competition to save their college.
PRO’s of the movie:
- MUSIC – The music was very upbeat and one can see the presence of tracks like ABCD and Sunny Sunny topping the charts.
- CASTING – Characters like the Debu’s Mother and the Principal played by Veteran Actors like Deepti Naval and Gulshan Grover who played their role perfectly.
CON’s of the movie:
- STORY – It was predictable and full of cliché’s. The story was full of stereotypes like divided groups in colleges to the dramatic mother-son relationship to a protagonist with daddy issues. Th movie consistently lacked originality and failed to form a connect with the audience.
- TECHNICAL’s – The cinematography, the editing and the after effects all looked immature as if done by first timers. There were a lot of distracting elements, such as unnecessary split screens, horrible transitions between scenes and let’s not forget the random animated sun and Malibu bottle in the middle of a song.
- FORCED ELEMENTS – If one chooses to include multiple elements into a movie, there has to be a certain flow and story board in place. It has to make sense to the audience, which this movie made none. Divya Khosla has tried to add a bit of patriotism, friendship, love, racism, trust and family issues and combined them together to create this brilliant recipe for disaster.
If after all this one had to give a rating to this movie, I’d probably give it a 1 out of 5.
Why the 1?
1/2 for the music that is making it’s mark on the charts and 1/2 for the efforts of finding good locations for the movie.
To sum it up in simpler words, the movie is a jumbled up combination of scenes from movies like Student of the Year, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander, Lakshaya, Mai Hoon Na, Yeh Jawani Hain Deewani and a few more.